LAST UPDATED: March 23rd, 2022
I’ve highlighted the significance of testosterone for men in a few of my articles.
And there’s a big reason for that.
This hormone is vital for your strength, muscles, and libido.
Testosterone takes part in the work of your heart, brain, bones, glands, and it helps prevent diabetes type 2.
Therefore, the level of testosterone is mainly important for your health and sex life.
There are foods, supplements, and exercises that help you boost your testosterone levels.
And there are certain things that can reduce it, too.
Testosterone levels drop as we age, but some things can make it drop additionally.
And following foods!
9 Foods that Kill Testosterone:
If you have a low testosterone level, drinking alcohol can only do you harm.
Alcohol increases the conversion of testosterone to estrogen and that’s one of the reasons why men become so emotional after a few glasses.
So, alcohol is one of the worst foods that kill testosterone.
Bad news guys.
Beer is one of the beverages you need to avoid if you want to boost your testosterone levels.
I mention beer separately (although it’s alcohol) since it has a really bad effect on your testosterone levels.
Unfortunately, beer is the worst choice because it contains a lot of hops which contain a lot of estrogen.
Maybe that’s why men who drink beer get the “beer belly” and man boobs.
Don’t worry if you drink only a few beers per week, but if you drink a few beers a day, don’t be surprised if you have a low testosterone level and belly fat.
One of the worst foods that decrease testosterone.
Licorice helps make a balance between estrogen and progesterone in your body since it contains isoflavones.
It affects cortisol and estrogen and reduces the production of testosterone up to 50%.
4. Bottled water
Water is not the problem here, but the bottle is.
Plastic bottles in general, are harmful to men.
They contain bisphenol.
That is a chemical substance found in plastic products.
It can significantly lower your testosterone.
The harmful chemical substance bisphenol A, better known as BPA, can lead to sexual dysfunction and it can lower the number of spermatozoa in men.
BPA is found in plastic bottles and plastic dishes.
It’s better to drink tap water instead of bottled water.
5. Microwave popcorn
One of the worst foods that kill testosterone.
Everyone loves watching movies with a bowl of popcorn, but microwave popcorn has a negative effect on testosterone levels and sex drive.
A bag of popcorn isn’t healthy because of the package and the content inside.
It contains a lot of chemicals that can cause infertility, low sex drive, and even testicular tumor.
Make your own popcorn instead of buying an unhealthy one.
I don’t have to tell you that sodas are unhealthy.
They are loaded with calories, sugar, and caffeine.
They are bad for your health, weight, and testosterone levels.
Although flaxseed is high in fiber and it’s healthy, some research shows that it can reduce testosterone.
Flaxseed is high in lignans, plant compounds that bind to testosterone, and afterward your body gets rid of testosterone (it excretes it).
Mint tea is good for your stomach, but it’s bad for your libido.
It decreases testosterone levels, so try to drink mint tea as rarely as possible.
9. Fast food
What foods destroy testosterone?
You already know that fast food is unhealthy.
It’s the main reason for those extra pounds that can lower your testosterone level.
Junk food and unhealthy snacks are also common source of trans fats.
Consuming trans fats from junk food can decrease testosterone.
How to Boost Testosterone and Muscle Mass Faster?
Supplements are definitely very good allies in your bodybuilding and fitness journey.
Here’s the kicker:
I don’t like steroids so I’m not talking about steroids.
There are some effective supplements made of natural ingredients that can help you skyrocket testosterone.
The best testosterone booster, in my opinion, is Testo Prime.
I am using this supplement when I need more testosterone.
Testo Prime is made only of natural ingredients.
It’s made of 12 clinically-tested ingredients:
- Ashwagandha extract – clinically tested ingredient, that boosts testosterone, energy, focus, and endurance. Also improves sleep quality, reduces stress, and boosts metabolism.
- Panax Ginseng – a plant extract that increases your libido and carries oxygen to your muscles, so improves endurance and reduces fatigue
- Fenugreek– a plant extract that blocks estrogen production, boosts libido, and increases your strength
- D-aspartic acid – an amino acid that boosts testosterone production by 50%
- Green tea – helps maintain testosterone levels, speeds up the metabolism
- Pomegranate extract – improves sexual performance and increases penis blood flow, reduces fatigue
- Vitamin D – also increases the levels of testosterone and your libido. Improves your immune system.
- Zinc – vitally important for the excretion of testosterone. Best testosterone boosting mineral.
- B5 vitamin– converts fat layers into energy.
- B6 vitamin – by stimulating the androgen receptors in your body, vitamin B6 signals the testicles to produce more testosterone.
- Garlic extract – boosts T levels, overall health, and metabolism. Don’t worry, your breath isn’t going to be bad.
- Black pepper (piperine) – helps all the above-mentioned ingredients to be absorbed well.
It will boost your testosterone, reduce tiredness, fat layers and man boobs and increase muscle mass.
Also, it will help you get lean body.
But, you need to use it regularly, at least 3 months.
You can read more about Testo Prime and check the price here.
Foods that Kill Testosterone – Bottom Line:
So, if you don’t want to lower your testosterone levels avoid:
- Microwave popcorn
- Fast food
- Bottled water and canned food
The best way to increase testosterone is exercising and eating healthy foods.
Also, you can take natural supplement like Testo Prime to boost testosterone, muscles and strength.
My name is Cliff and I am a personal coach, sports lover, fitness enthusiast and author of MusclesMagician. I have 15+ years of experience in fitness and bodybuilding and I want to share it with you. I am here to help you build muscles and lose fat faster.